Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Dukan Diet part 2

It's been about 25 days since I started the Dukan Diet. Tomorrow will mark the day I graduate to the 4th and final, for-the-rest-of-my-life phase. It involves a lot of oat bran and one protein-only day a week. Other than these two requirements, and always taking the stairs, that's it. But the diet is tough. You have to be prepared to be stranded in the middle of Texas with nothing acceptable to eat for an entire afternoon. I'm telling you, it got pretty hairy at times. But you do get used to it. After all, I did manage to give up the ol' cheese brick diet. I relied quite a bit on lime-flavored seltzer water and coffee. Most of my day was spent traveling to the bathroom from my cubicle and back. I started thinking with my bladder, not my brain.

The good news is, even if it is terrible for you, it does work. My muscles don't seem to have atrophied and I managed to lose a total of eight pounds. I'll let you know when I gain it all back.

No comments:

Post a Comment